For our registered clients, we shall be holding our regular castration clinics at the hospital during the Spring.
The benefits of the castrate clinics include the procedure being carried out in a controlled environment with the assistance of the Bell Equine nursing team, along with a 20% reduction in cost of the procedure. We can also offer passporting (including microchip) and vaccinations on the day if required (please note that is would be in addition to the cost to the castration)
There are a few factors which need to be considered:
- The colt must be under 4 years of age and both testicles must be palpable.
- The procedure will be carried out under injectable anaesthesia only. Closed castrates under inhalant anaesthesia are priced separately and can be discussed if required.
- A £50 pre-payment is required on booking due to the high demand for spaces.
- Payment is required in full on the day of the procedure to take advantage of the discounted price.
Prices are estimated as to weight and size and do not include:
- Vaccinations or passport and microchip (although passporting is offered at a reduced cost if carried out at the time of the procedure. This can be arranged at the time of booking).
- Post castration antibiotics (not routinely used).
- Complications requiring further treatment.
Our first clinic will be held on 08th February 2022, and we will also be holding further clinics on the following dates:
- 1st March 2022
- 22nd March 2022
- 12th April 2022
- 26th April 2022
Depending on numbers, we may add more clinics before the start of the warmer weather.
Please call the clinic on 01622 813700 for further information, to book in or to discuss any aspect of the castration procedure.