As the weather has started to cool down, now is the perfect time to start thinking about any colts which are of the age that need castrating.
For our registered clients, our regular monthly castration clinics at the hospital have started up again.
The benefits of the castrate clinics include the procedure being carried out in a controlled environment with the assistance of the Bell Equine nursing team, along with a 20% reduction in cost of the procedure. We will also be offering a reduction in the cost of passporting (including microchip) on the day if required.
There are a few factors which need to be considered:
- The colt must be under 4 years of age and both testicles must be palpable. The procedure will be carried out under injectable anaesthesia only. Closed castrates under inhalant anaesthesia are priced separately and can be discussed if required
- A £50 pre-payment is required on booking due to the high demand for spaces
- Payment is required in full on the day of the procedur
Prices are estimated as to weight and size and do not include:
– Vaccinations or passport & microchip (although passporting is offered at a reduced cost if carried out at the time of the procedure. This can be arranged at the time of booking)
– Post castration antibiotics (not routinely used)
– Complications requiring further treatment
Our next clinics will be held on the following dates:
- 5th October 2021
- 26th October 2021
- 9th November 2021
- 30th November 2021
Depending on numbers, we may add more clinics before the end of the year.
Please call the clinic on 01622 813700 for further information, to book in or to discuss any aspect of the castration procedure.