For our registered clients, our regular castration clinics at the hospital will be starting from next month (February 2023).
The benefits of the castration clinics include the procedure being carried out in a sterile, controlled environment, with the assistance of our experienced nursing team, along with a 20% reduction in cost of the procedure.
There are a few factors which need to be considered however, to see if your colt is eligible for one of our clinics:
- The colt must be under 4 years of age and both testicles must be palpable. The procedure will be carried out under injectable anaesthesia only. Closed castrates under inhalant anaesthesia are priced separately and can be discussed if required.
- A £50 pre-payment is required on confirmation of booking due to the high demand for spaces.
- Payment is required in full on the day of the procedure.
Prices of the castration are estimated as to weight and size and do not include:
- Vaccinations or passport & microchip (although passporting is offered at a reduced cost if carried out at the time of the procedure. This can be arranged at the time of booking).
- Post castration antibiotics (not routinely used).
- Complications requiring further treatment
Our first few clinics for 2023 will be held on the following dates:
- 14th February 2023 – Full
- 7th March 2023 – Some availability
- 21th March 2023
- 3rd April 2023
Depending on demand we will be add more dates before the summer months.
Please call the clinic on 01622 813700 for further information, to book in or to discuss any aspect of the castration procedure.